subversion-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Moore <gordonm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Error after server upgrade to 1.8.3 - E160052: Revprop caching disabled
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2013 17:40:15 GMT
I was just using a regular user, using command line SVN on the server with SELinux set to permissive.

I was finally able to figure out what was going on after seeing that doing an svnadmin verify
with sudo worked. I guess 1.8 now needs to create files in the db directory, both a "rev-prop-atomics.shm"
file which remains and a temporary .mutex file. After adjusting permissions to make the db
directory writable, svnadmin verify is working again.

________________________________
 From: Thomas Harold <thomas-lists@nybeta.com>
To: Gordon Moore <gordonm707@yahoo.com>
Cc: "users@subversion.apache.org" <users@subversion.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, September 6, 2013 12:34 AM
Subject: Re: Error after server upgrade to 1.8.3 - E160052: Revprop caching disabled

On 9/5/2013 6:41 PM, Gordon Moore wrote:

> Is this a known issue with 1.8.3? Any ideas on what is going on, how I
> can investigate, or what I might do to correct this?

I'd start with:

- How are you accessing the SVN repository? http? svn+ssh? svn?

- What are the ownership and permissions on the /svn/repos/build folder,
the build/db folder, and the contents of the build/db
 folder?

- If you are running with SELinux set to Enforcing, try setting it
temporarily to Permissive and see if the issue goes away.

- What user account are you using when trying to svnadmin dump /
svnadmin verify?