subversion-users mailing list archives

From Thorsten Schöning <tschoen...@am-soft.de>
Subject Re: how to switch without losing files
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2013 06:45:37 GMT
Guten Tag Marshall Schor,
am Mittwoch, 4. September 2013 um 23:03 schrieben Sie:

[...]
> and when I look, the switch has deleted the a directory in my working copy.

Because --force.

> Is there a way to have the switch keep from deleting "a"? So when I switch
> back, later, to the 1st branch where a exists, it can commit just the changes in
> that tree?

No, not using --force would result in a staying unversioned in your
working copy, but on switching back to a branch where a already exists
this would lead to a tree conflict. There was a lengthy discussion
about that recently.

http://www.mail-archive.com/users@subversion.apache.org/msg19000.html

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning