subversion-users mailing list archives

From Zé <jose.pas...@gmx.com>
Subject Re: commit all files except a selected few?
Date Sun, 15 Sep 2013 14:01:14 GMT
On 09/15/2013 02:39 PM, Zé wrote:
> On 09/15/2013 12:31 PM, Andy Levy wrote:

>> Other than that, svn commit allows you to pass multiple files/paths to
>> be committed. You can specify individual paths and/or use your shell
>> to pattern-match or glob files which should then be expanded by your
>> shell to pass to svn.
>
> That doesn't apply as well, as the objective would be to easily exclude
> a single file, or a small subset of files, from an arbitrarily long list
> of files.

Silly me.  The answer is, quite obviously, in specifying glob patterns,
particularly one which excludes a file.  With bash, the !(excluded) glob
pattern does just that. So, thanks to bash, the following command
excludes main.c++ from a commit:

$ svn commit -m "committing everything except main.c++"  !(main.c++)

Once again, a little knowledge of the shell goes a long way.

Zé