subversion-users mailing list archives

From Johan Corveleyn <jcor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn: E120104: ra_serf: An error occurred during decompression
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2013 12:35:30 GMT
On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 1:14 PM, James French
<James.French@naturalmotion.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
>

> I hit this when doing a reintegrate merge with svn 1.8.3 (tortoisesvn
> 1.8.2). I repeated the operation with svn 1.7.8 and it did not occur.

This looks very much like the error I ran into during testing of
1.8.3, and which spawned the following discussion on the dev-list:

    http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2013-08/0386.shtml

(it was with an 'svn export' over plain http of a tag of the
subversion project itself, but the problem might be the same)

Lieven Govaerts and Ivan Zhakov have been trying to find the exact
problem in the serf http-library (with me trying various patches and
reproducing the issue), but so far without success.

It's good to know that now I'm not the only one seeing this problem.

Can you report your OS version please?

Can you reproduce it with Antivirus disabled?

Also: I couldn't reproduce the issue with compression disabled, by
adding the option
    --config-option servers:global:http-compression=off
to the command line (or configure that setting in your 'servers'
configuration file). That might be a workaround for you (though it
will probably make things go a lot slower).

--
Johan