subversion-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Curt Sellmer <sellmer...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error during 'svn export' over http with serf 1.3.1
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 16:02:55 GMT
On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 8:11 AM, Curt Sellmer <sellmerfud@gmail.com> wrote:
> That thought had crossed my mind, but so far none of the other users
> who are still using 1.7 clients have had any issues and also running
> the 1.8.1 client on the server box using the file:// scheme has never
> produced an error.
>
> On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 2:32 AM, Ben Reser <ben@reser.org> wrote:
>> On 9/10/13 10:41 PM, Curt Sellmer wrote:
>>> I now have svn 1.8.3 with serf 1.3.1.   I am not seeing the "svn:
>>> E120104: ra_serf: An error occurred during decompression" error as
>>> often at the moment.  Have seen it a few times.
>>>
>>> But I do intermittently get several different errors as show below.
>>>    -  Note that I am running the command over and over repeatedly many times.
>>>    -  I again performed 'svnadmin verify' with no errors reported.
>>>    - I also ran these commands on the server box using the file://
>>> scheme and never once saw an error.
>>>
>>> --------------------------
>>> $ svn cat http://gemini2/svn/ezappliance/trunk/README
>>> svn: E175002: Unable to connect to a repository at URL
>>> 'http://gemini2/svn/ezappliance/trunk'
>>> svn: E175002: Unexpected HTTP status 500 'Internal Server Error' on
>>> '/svn/ezappliance/trunk'
>>>
>>> svn: E160004: Additional errors:
>>> svn: E160004: Corrupt representation '13 1653716 109 109
>>> a6a53d8aefe9d34461e08f7521119e5f'
>>>
>>> --------------------------
>>> $ svn cat http://gemini2/svn/ezappliance/trunk/README
>>> svn: E175002: Unable to connect to a repository at URL
>>> 'http://gemini2/svn/ezappliance/trunk'
>>> svn: E175002: Unexpected HTTP status 500 'Internal Server Error' on
>>> '/svn/ezappliance/trunk'
>>>
>>> svn: E160004: Additional errors:
>>> svn: E160004: Corrupt node-revision '0-1.0.r13/1653516'
>>>
>>> --------------------------
>>> $ svn log http://gemini2/svn/bedrock/trunk/Rakefile@3
>>> svn: E175002: Unable to connect to a repository at URL
>>> 'http://gemini2/svn/bedrock/trunk/Rakefile'
>>> svn: E175002: Unexpected HTTP status 500 'Internal Server Error' on
>>> '/svn/bedrock/trunk/Rakefile'
>>>
>>> svn: E160004: Additional errors:
>>> svn: E160004: Corrupt representation '29 13323 277 277
>>> 634ce706c8679810cb16ec44c9c6c532'
>>
>> Are you sure the server end is ok?  Those errors are signs of a corrupted
>> repository.  I'm starting to wonder if you're not having issues due to a
>> hardware issue on the server side.  Failing memory could explain the behavior
>> you're seeing.
>>


I installed client version 1.7.11 and I do occasionally get an error
when accessing a
repo with db format 6.

$ svn log http://gemini2/svn/www/branches
svn: E175002: REPORT of '/svn/www/!svn/rvr/496/branches': Could not
read chunk size: connection was closed by server (http://gemini2)

running this against the repo with db format 4 does not cause the
problem with 1.7.11.
I have seen the decompression problem using 1.8.3 against the format 4 repo.

I have still never seen a problem when running locally using the
file:// scheme and I have repeated the command many many times.  This
indicates that the repo is ok and the problem has to do with serving
the data over http://.

Mime
View raw message