subversion-users mailing list archives

From Les Mikesell <lesmikes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Breaking up a monolothic repository
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2013 12:31:41 GMT
On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 8:13 PM, Trent W. Buck <trentbuck@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm stuck.  Since it's no fun to have tens of thousands of empty revs
> in each project repo, my current approach is to leave existing
> projects in the monolithic repo, and new projects get separate repos.

Why do you think an empty rev will bother anyone any more in a
per-project rev that having the rev number jump from a commit to an
unrelated project does in the combined repo?    It shouldn't be a
problem in either case.  Rev numbers for any particular use don't need
to be sequential, you just need to know what they are.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell@gmail.com