subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Goor, Stefan" <SG...@thetasgroup.com>
Subject Re: SVN merge attempting to reintegrate on a merge to a branch
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2013 12:06:46 GMT
Hi Stefan,

In your earlier email you mentioned:

>We want to know why you are seeing:
>
>>     Missing ranges: /trunk/my_projec:4485
>
>which lacks a trailing 't' in the path name.
>
>That's the only obviously wrong thing in your problem report.

I think the fact the error related to doing a reintegrate merge is also
wrong.  Given that the merge was from a trunk project (that the branch was
created from) to the the branch, should it not have been attempting a
regular merge?  It is my understanding that a reintegrate merge is done
(automatically since 1.8) when bringing a branch back into the project it
was created from.

Many Thanks,
Stefan