subversion-users mailing list archives

From John Maher <Jo...@rotair.com>
Subject RE: Branch changes
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 19:54:26 GMT
Thanks Andrew.  That is an even better way to get the version than the way I found.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Reedick [mailto:Andrew.Reedick@cbeyond.net]
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 11:00 AM
To: John Maher
Cc: Subversion help
Subject: RE: Branch changes

revision where the branch was created you can do this:
> "svn log --verbose --stop-on-copy URL_TO_BRANCH"
> The last line indicates what revision the branch was created.

Unless, of course, you renamed your branch, e.g. 'svn mv rel-1.2 rel-2.0', or if you renamed/moved
the parent directory components, e.g. 'svn mv /branches /project1/branches' in which case
you will need to run the 'svn log --stop-on-copy -r REV-1' iteratively (where 'REV-1' is the
revision returned by --stop-on-copy minus 1,) until you get to the "real" branch point.
/pedantic

Also, if you want 'svn log --stop-on-copy' to return just a single revision, you can use --limit
thusly:
    svn log -v -r1:HEAD --stop-on-copy  --limit 1  ^/branches/my_branch