subversion-users mailing list archives

From Balázs Bámer <bamerbal...@gmail.com>
Subject tree conflict in merge after deleting and re-adding files
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 16:50:32 GMT
Hi All,

TortoiseSVN 1.6.16, Build 21511 - 64 Bit , 2011/06/01 19:00:35
Subversion 1.6.17,
apr 1.3.12
apr-utils 1.3.12
neon 0.29.6
OpenSSL 1.0.0d 8 Feb 2011
zlib 1.2.5

We have a problem. We have a trunk and a branch, and wanted to merge
changes from branch to trunk. Due to some heavier file-conflicts I'we
deleted foo.txt in trunk in SVN, copied it from branch and added again. Now
I now it was a mistake.

Now if we try to make merge, we always get tree conflict on foo.txt - its
contents are already identical in trunk and branch. I know that the
discontinuity in foo.txt for a range of revisions, so the lack of ancestry
causes that.

foo.txt was already deleted and re-added in branch by other developer.

We have already tried a range of solutions found on the web, but no
success. Is there a way to tell SVN to forget this tree conflict thing for
ever?

thank you in advance.

Best regards: Balázs