subversion-users mailing list archives

From Helge Rossvoll <Helge.Rossv...@itet.no>
Subject RE: File size different downloaded compared to uploaded
Date Sun, 06 Oct 2013 17:52:38 GMT
What would be the recommended solution to this?
I assume there is a way around this to let clients handle this?
Because when using googlecode the problem wasn't there, but now when using a self ran debian
server there is an issue.

Med vennlig hilsen
Helge Rossvoll

-----Original Message-----
From: Branko ─îibej [mailto:brane@wandisco.com]
Sent: 6. oktober 2013 19:42
To: users@subversion.apache.org
Subject: Re: File size different downloaded compared to uploaded

On 06.10.2013 10:33, Helge Rossvoll wrote:

> When downloading files from the SVN bash (.sh) files are always a
> little bit bigger than the original committed file.
>
> This seem to only be relevant to bash scripts as far as I can see
> until now. Ziped files are not affected it seems.
>

> Using notepad++ in windows to compare the files, notepad++ informs
> that the files are a match. Though doing a MD5sum shows different MD5
> hash.
>
> Afraid that it might give effects on finished applications built from
> the SVN repo, as well as maybe corruption in files.
>

> Anyone with any idead?

You probably have an autoprops setting that sets the svn:eol-style property to "native" on
.sh files, creating them with Unix end-of-line markers and retrieving them on Windows, where
the end-of-line sequence is two bytes, not one.

-- Brane

--
Branko ─îibej | Director of Subversion
WANdisco // Non-Stop Data