subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Sperling <s...@elego.de>
Subject Re: svn log: --search and --limit interaction
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2013 12:51:40 GMT
On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 04:21:05PM +0400, Андрей Парамонов wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I've noticed that Subversion 1.8 introduces very useful --search parameter.
> However, currently (version 1.8.4-SlikSvn-1.8.4-X64) --search is applied
> after --limit, sometimes effectively returning less entries than specified
> by --limit, even if more entries are available.
>
> I believe it's a bug. Your opinions?

Hello Андрей,

This is because there is no server-side support for --search yet.

--search filtering is done within the client. However, --limit does
have server-side support, so the server sends log entries only up to
the specified limit. The client can apply its --search filter only to
entries sent by the server.

Protocol and server-side changes would need to be made to improve
this situation. This is possible, but so far, nobody has done the
necessary work. As usual, we welcome patches.