subversion-users mailing list archives

From Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>
Subject Re: svnmucc
Date Sat, 16 Nov 2013 16:38:28 GMT
On 11/16/2013 03:06 AM, Andreas Mohr wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 04:29:13AM -0500, Geoff Rowell wrote:
>>
>>> On Nov 16, 2013, at 2:10 AM, Vladislav Javadov <vapaamies@yandex.ru> wrote:
>>>
>>> rm programs/develop/fasm/tags
>>> rm programs/games/mine/tags
>>> rm programs/games/snake/tags
>>
>> Each command argument must be on a separate line:
>>
>> rm
>> programs/develop/fasm/tags
>> rm
>> programs/games/mine/tags
>> rm
>> programs/games/snake/tags
>
> So, does that mean that svnmucc has single-arg support only?
> Cause given this example, on the syntax side there's nothing
> that would indicate that a new command is following,
> rather than further options to the existing command...
> (unless "rm" is one of the commands
> which are specially recognized as a known-supported command)
>
> Sorry for my critique (and thank you for your help!) - just sayin'...

Not having looked at the source code, it probably just reads from the
file until it reaches the end.

The reason to support this syntax with command and arg on separate lines
is to support files with whitespaces in the names, which wouldn't be
possible wit the syntax of command and arg on a single line.

Blair