subversion-users mailing list archives

From Bradley Giesbrecht <pixi...@macports.org>
Subject How to determine subversion repository format
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2013 16:18:27 GMT
Hello,

I am getting this svn client message:
The working copy at <repository>
is too old (format 29) to work with client version '1.8.4 (r1534716)' (expects format 31).
You need to upgrade the working copy first.

I am interested in knowing where "format 29" is stored. My searches have lead me to <repository>/.svn/{entries,format}
which both contain a single line with the value of "14" and .svn/wc.db which when dumped with
sqlite3 "format 29" does not stand out to me.

Can someone point me to some documentation which explains where the repository format information
is stored for various version of subversion.

I know in this case that I my repository was last updated by subversion 1.7.x but nonetheless
I would like to know how to get the existing repository format info without upgrading or installing
older versions of subversion until one works with an unknown repository format.

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)