subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Cooke, Mark" <mark.co...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: Hardware requirements for windows subversion
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2013 07:38:28 GMT

Short answer: "it depends."

Longer answer: it would help if you gave some indication of the sort of workload you expect
the server to handle.  I have a relatively simple setup running windows server on a virtual
machine with 512MB RAM provisioned and enough disk space.  That serves about 15 European users
on an internal network, all using https.  The server also runs Trac (trac.edgewall.org) and
a few other minor scheduled tasks.

I originally setup a standard desktop machine with no problems.

If you want to serve thousands of users spread across the globe with uptime and access requirements
then you will probably need a bit more.

So: "it depends!"

~ mark c