subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Sinclair, Ronda D." <Ronda.Sincl...@jhuapl.edu>
Subject Receiving an error via an SVN repository
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2014 22:11:32 GMT
Hello,

We are running Tortoise SVN on a Windows 7 machine - and had some network issues were connectivity
to our share where the repository was stored was up and down. We've had the user copy the
files locally and they can access them and commit them but when trying to recommit them to
the network repository they were getting a file lock error. The user was able to break the
lock but now receives this error : Error: Can't set position pointer [...] : An attempt was
made to move the file pointer before the beginning of the file and can't reconnect to the
SVN repository on the network.

I see this link to http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.reposadmin.maint.html to unwedge
a repository but wanted to check to see if you had any recommendations on what to do before
trying to do a restore of the repository or should we try the "unwedge" action first?

Thanks much in advance for your assistance.

Ronda Sinclair