subversion-users mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: What is UDS in subversion? (Strange issue in SCC SVN client PushOk)
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2014 09:34:49 GMT
On 29.01.2014 09:10, Roman Kellner wrote:
> Hi
>
> We are using a MSSCCI to SVN client (PushOk) which in the version 1.7.13 and with our
project does strange things.
> When opening our IDE SccProjectOpen() is called on the MSSCCI interface.
>
> I do not exactly know what is done on the SVN level, but with the SccProjectOpen() call,
outdated local copy files get somehow "updated" (which they should not). Strangly only the
base file and the meta (.svn) data get updated but the "real" working copy file remains unchanged,
rendering this file "locally modified".
> TortoiseSVN (1.7.13-svn1.7.10), used for verification shows outdated before and  uptodate
but locally modified afterwards.

> The only indication I have from PushOk is that it is printing
>
> "
>    :
> "
>
> in its status box.
>
> Does that look familiar to someone?

Nope ...

> Could that be SVN messages from callbacks that are shown here?

Sure, could be; but Subversion doesn't insert the UDS<> stuff. That part
must be coming from PushOK.

> Instead of your projects root folder always UDS<some number> is printed where as
the <some number> does NOT change for one SccProjectOpen() call but does change for
a next call.
> Why is the projects root folder replaced?

I'm just guessing, but it looks like they use that as a session
identifier; and the "project root folder" is not being "replaced"; this
looks like a session ID plus relative path /within/ the working copy.

> I searched "subversion and uds" in the internet and found "uds_path" in some hits. Generally
it looked like a session id to me in the first place.
> What is this UDS<some number>?
> What is a uds_path?
> What stands "uds" for?

It has nothing whatsoever to do with Subvesion. Your guess about what it
means is as good as mine ...

> I know I should ask the PushOk folks about what they are doing in their MSSCCI-SVN provider.
But communication is basically non-existent (no answers for a looong time).

[insert blurb here about not using proprietary tools]

If you're not actually constrained to MSSCCI but can use VAPI instead,
you could try using AnhkSVN.

-- Brane

--
Branko ─îibej | Director of Subversion