subversion-users mailing list archives

From Philip Martin <philip.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Files added to repository by others don't come down with 'svn update'
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2014 09:55:15 GMT
Branko ─îibej <brane@wandisco.com> writes:

> On 19.01.2014 09:06, Yuri wrote:
>
>> (Previously I thought that I just did something wrong, or maybe
>> unconsciously hit 'resolved' option without remembering)
>>
>> I am pretty sure that 'svn update' marks certain files as 'deleted'
>> without user ever doing 'svn delete' or resolving any conflict on them.
>>
>> Somebody needs to take a close look how is this is possible.
>
> For starters, somebody can take the time to confirm that stock
> Subversion without FreeBSD-specific patches behaves the same way. Sorry
> if that sounds a bit untrustful, but frankly, I can't recall seeing the
> problem you report in any release version of Subversion, so I have my
> doubts.

If there is such a problem it should be much easier for you to reproduce
it than for us to work out exactly what you are doing.  For example
update itself can resolve conflicts with --accept:

svnadmin create repo
svn mkdir -mm file://`pwd`/repo/A
svn import -mm repo/format file://`pwd`/repo/A/f
svn co file://`pwd`/repo@1 wc
touch wc/A/f
svn up --accept working wc

That leads to f being marked for deletion:

$ svn st wc
D       wc/A/f

--
Philip Martin | Subversion Committer