subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ræstad Atle Eivind <atle.ras...@saabgroup.com>
Subject Disjoint working copy
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2014 19:29:08 GMT
Hi

Is there a way to get full status information for a disjoint working copy without performing
"svn st" on each sub working copies? And without the use of external definition?

Example:
setenv p `pwd`
svnadmin create r
svn -m "" mkdir file:///$p/r/common file:///$p/r/common/module1 file:///$p/r/common/module2
file:///$p/r/common/module3
svn -m "" mkdir --parents file:///$p/r/prod/prodA
svn co file:///$p/r/prod/prodA wc
svn co file:///$p/r/common/module1 wc/mod1
svn co file:///$p/r/common/module3 wc/mod3
touch wc/mod1/file.txt
svn add wc/mod1/file.txt

Now if I perform "svn st wc" I get the output:
?       wc/mod1
?       wc/mod3

I.e. I do not see the added file under wc/mod1. I must perform "svn st wc/*" to see this file:
A       wc/mod1/file.txt

If I set the property svn:externals on r/prod/prodA I can use "svn st wc" to see all modifications.
But sometimes I do not want to set the property. Is there some other way to get "svn st wc"
to show the complete status for the disjoint working copy?

/Atle