subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Hillebrand, Joachim" <Joachim.Hillebr...@v2c2.at>
Subject SVN Tool Qualification ISO 26262
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2014 09:54:55 GMT
Dear SVN users,

does anybody of you have experience using SVN for developing safety-critical software?
We are currently involved in a software development project for automotive industry where
SVN is used in the development tool chain.

Safety standards like ISO 26262 require a proof that software tools like SVN do not introduce
errors into the final product.
Tool vendors for commercial tools usually provide support for tool qualification, e.g. by
reference work flows.
For SVN being an open source tool we could not find any practises for tool qualification of
SVN so far.

If you have faced similar challenges in your project, we would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks.

Joachim