subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Edward Ned Harvey (svn4)" <s...@nedharvey.com>
Subject RE: ignore property not ignoring...
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2014 23:17:46 GMT
> From: Edward Ned Harvey (svn4) [mailto:svn4@nedharvey.com]
>
> So I have to just duplicate the svn:ignore and svn:global-ignores
> properties everywhere that anything needs to be ignored.

Sorry, clarification:

In tortoise, I check the properties of some directory, and it shows "svn:ignore bin obj" and
some other stuff.  But it's gray.  So I assume it's inherited from a parent, and effective
at this level, and then it turns out, not to be effective.  I go to command prompt, and I
see in fact, those properties are set on the root directory, and *not* on the subdirectory.
 I don't know why it's displaying grayed out, but if I explicitly set that property on that
directory, then it works.

So I guess this is mostly a usage issue.  I could go talk to the tortoise folks about why
it's showing gray, when it's not effective... And I could complain that when you click on
"add to ignores" the default is now to use global-ignores rather than ignore...  But it's
not worth it.

Thanks for your help.  I think it's under control now.