subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stefan <luke1...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Can't move temporary on update.
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2014 19:23:56 GMT
Hi Brane and Olli,
> On 02.03.2014 11:40, Stefan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I came up with an even easier repro case. It seems to suffice to
>> trigger the problem by simply committing the problematic file to an
>> empty local repository and having avast installed.
>> To whom should I send the repro-case (it requires the zipped-exe-file).
>
> The problem is obviously caused by the virus scanner. If it's renaming
> files from under Subversion's nose, there's really nothing we can do
> about it.
Well, if you are sure that the virusscanner is actually causing the
rename, of course there's little SVN could do about. But then I'd find
that really odd for a virus scanner and wouldn't suspect that it is
doing that.
Is there some code path I'd trace down to confirm it's actually the
virusscanner causing the rename? Where in the code path would the
tmp-file be generated?

Regards,
Stefan