subversion-users mailing list archives

From Holger Schmidt <Holger.Schm...@zmdi.com>
Subject Update in excluded directory schedules files for deletion
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2014 15:26:05 GMT
Hi,

Can someone please look at this issue, I think it is a bug.  I have a
working copy with some directories, some have private files in them.  I
don't need one of the directories and exclude it from the working copy
with "svn up --set-depth=exclude".  The directory remains because there
were private files.  If I change into the excluded directory I can query
the status and update!  The update reports a tree conflict.  If I choose
"mark resolved" the directory is scheduled for deletion.  Is this
intended behavior?  I would expect that an excluded directory is like a
private directory, i.e. no status and update is possible.  I think it is
dangerous if an update schedules something for deletion.  It's an
update, not a remove.  Tested with version 1.8.8 compiled on
x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.

Try these commands:

svnadmin create repo
svn co file://`pwd`/repo wc