subversion-users mailing list archives

From jrm <...@exa.com>
Subject .svn directory - safe to add files in ".svn" or ".svn/tmp"?
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 22:44:39 GMT
Working on some tools for a development environment that will make use
of SVN.   There are circumstances where I want to create temporary
information of my own, related to checked out versions. Rather than
cluttering up the working directory with other special directories and
files, I was wondering how safe it might be to make direct use of the
".svn" directory for my own purposes?

Aside from the existing purposed subdirectories - would it be safe to
create files in either "tmp", ".svn" proper, or a new subdirectory under
".svn"?

Thanks!

-jrm