subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ben Reser <...@reser.org>
Subject Re: "Missing Date and Author in Svn Log" ralate to db folder hard link reference count ?
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2014 16:14:30 GMT
On 3/17/14, 9:12 PM, Steven Wang wrote:
> My Subversion server install on Centos, running as svnserve.
>
> I have follows repositories created on server :
> I use “svnadmin create” to create repository,
> some hard link reference count for db folder is 6
>
> (drwxrwsr-x 6 stevenw stevenw 4096 Mar 14 10:00 db)
>
> And some is 7.
>
> (drwxrwsr-x 7 stevenw stevenw 4096 Nov 22 11:08 db)
>
> If hard link reference count is 7 woks ok.
> But if the count is 6,  Date, Author and log message all missing!
>
> Could you please help to tell why and how to fix.

db is a directory so that field is not the hard link reference count but rather
the number of direct children of the directory (an empty directory will always
have 2 because of the '.' and '..' entries).

Based on what you're saying I'd imagine that you're missing the db/revprops
directory in your repository.

The only fix would be to recover this data from a backup.