subversion-users mailing list archives

From Philip Martin <philip.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: "Missing Date and Author in Svn Log" ralate to db folder hard link reference count ?
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2014 18:40:22 GMT
Ben Reser <ben@reser.org> writes:

> On 3/17/14, 9:12 PM, Steven Wang wrote:
>> My Subversion server install on Centos, running as svnserve.
>>
>> I have follows repositories created on server :
>> I use “svnadmin create” to create repository,
>> some hard link reference count for db folder is 6
>>
>> (drwxrwsr-x 6 stevenw stevenw 4096 Mar 14 10:00 db)
>>
>> And some is 7.
>>
>> (drwxrwsr-x 7 stevenw stevenw 4096 Nov 22 11:08 db)
>>
>> If hard link reference count is 7 woks ok.
>> But if the count is 6,  Date, Author and log message all missing!
>>
>> Could you please help to tell why and how to fix.
>
> db is a directory so that field is not the hard link reference count but rather
> the number of direct children of the directory (an empty directory will always
> have 2 because of the '.' and '..' entries).
>
> Based on what you're saying I'd imagine that you're missing the db/revprops
> directory in your repository.
>
> The only fix would be to recover this data from a backup.

A new repository has a count of 6 so it's not clear that any of the
repositories are corrupt, it looks as if the repositories with 7 have an
extra subdir inside db/.

How are you accessing Date/Author/Log?  You mention svnserve, if you are
using the svn:// protocol and have authz configured then authz may deny
access to the Date/Author/Log.

--
Philip Martin | Subversion Committer
WANdisco // *Non-Stop Data*