subversion-users mailing list archives

From Nico Kadel-Garcia <nka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: .svn directory - safe to add files in ".svn" or ".svn/tmp"?
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2014 02:17:56 GMT
On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 11:24 AM, jrm <jrm@exa.com> wrote:

> Sure - if I overwrote something that has a genuine purpose - or created
> something in a location where SVN expects exactly certain files to be.
> But is SVN so fragile that it can't tolerate a differently named
> subdirectory
> or file under there?

But I made sure the safety was on! I was aiming at the apple, not his
head! I've worked as the root user, I know how to it safely! If I get
in a car accident, I'd rather get killed outright than merely left in
a coma because I wore the seat belet! I'm always careful not to touch
the 3rd rail when I walk across electric train tracks!

It' s quite that dangerous, but it's safer to Just Don't Do That(tm).
If you need to leave a flag file around, mention it in .gitignore and
leave it in a visible location.