subversion-users mailing list archives

From Justin Mrkva <m...@justinmrkva.com>
Subject AuthUserFile not specified in the configuration
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2014 04:53:41 GMT
First, I’m not subscribed to the list, so please CC me on replies.

I’m trying to start a SVN server on Apache 2.2.26 on Mac OS X Server. I’ve compiled and
installed mod_dav_svn and mod_authz_svn, and enabled auth_digest_module so I can use digest
authentication. I added a user with htdigest and a repo with svnadmin, then tried to connect.

If I browse via a web browser, it authenticates and everything seems to work. But if I try
to connect with a SVN client (I’ve tried several), it gives a 500 internal server error:

Server sent unexpected return value (500 Internal Server Error) in response to OPTIONS request
for 'https://user@server.domain.com/svn/repo'

(Of course user, server.domain.com, and repo are placeholders.) The Apache logs give the following
at the same time:

[error] [client ::1] AuthUserFile not specified in the configuration

Apache runs as _www:_www, and the directory containing the repository as well as the repos
themselves are all _www:_www 755. The htdigest file is _www:_www 644. The realm for the user
matches the httpd.conf AuthName. The password is correct. Both SVNParentPath and AuthUserFile
are the correct paths.

Here are relevant lines from httpd.conf:

LoadModule auth_digest_module libexec/apache2/mod_auth_digest.so
LoadModule dav_svn_module /usr/local/libexec/mod_dav_svn.so
LoadModule authz_svn_module /usr/local/libexec/mod_authz_svn.so

<Location /svn>
    DAV svn
    SVNParentPath /Library/Subversion/Repositories
    SVNListParentPath on

    AuthName "Subversion"
    AuthType Digest
    AuthDigestProvider file
    AuthUserFile /private/etc/svnauth.htdigest

    Require valid-user
    Allow from all
</Location>