subversion-users mailing list archives

From Zé <jose.pas...@gmx.com>
Subject Re: Configure user name?
Date Sat, 19 Apr 2014 11:44:14 GMT
On 04/18/2014 04:41 PM, Bob Archer wrote:
>> Does subversion provide a way for the user to configure his username, thus
>> avoiding having to pass the --username flag everytime he has to commit
>> something?
>>

>> Thanks
>> Zé
>
> The credentials should be cached. If they are not being cached check in ~/.subversion/config,
you probably have store-passwords = no. Change it to yes (or just comment it out because it
defaults to yes), and the next time you give subversion your password it should save it.

My question was if Subversion provided a way to configure the username.
  It appears that by default subversion forces the user to use his
system username, and it also provides a way to specify a custom username
through the --username option, but it appears there is no way to let a
user configure a custom username.

--
Zé