subversion-users mailing list archives

From Justin Mrkva <m...@justinmrkva.com>
Subject Default user on commit
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2014 16:15:32 GMT
I have two local working copies, both on my local user account. I am managing commits for another
user, so he sends me files and I check them in. It’s weird but we have our reasons for this.

So I go into his working copy, replace the file in question with his copy, then do `svn ci
--username other` and it works fine. But next time I go into my working copy, if I commit
using `svn ci` without specifying username, it “remembers” the alternate username.

Is there a way to keep these from “sticking"? Or a way to specify a default username? Otherwise
I’ll probably just specify each time, but it’s not ideal as it’s too easy to forget
to specify it. I had hoped that omitting the --username argument would always default to the
user’s local user account name, but that’s not the case.

And yes, I know I could create a second local user account to make sure they stay separate.
I’d rather not, though, if there’s another way to do it.