subversion-users mailing list archives

From Bob Archer <Bob.Arc...@amsi.com>
Subject RE: 10 seconds timeout before each operation involving network connection
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2014 15:39:51 GMT
> I posted this already on the TortoiseSVN mailing list and it was suggested to
> report it to the Subversion Users mailing list:
>
> We are using TortoiseSVN (1.8.x) and the subversion command-line client
> (1.8.8) on Windows7 clients together with a VisualSVN (2.5.x) Server inside
> our company network. On some clients, there was a timeout of about ten
> seconds before each operation which involved contacting the server, e.g.
> commiting, updating, repo-browsing, etc. We analyzed this behavior using
> WireShark and SysInternals procmon. In the end, we found out that the
> problem exists only on clients with network adapters showing "Unidentified
> Network"
> such as virtual machine host adapters when no VM is running or network
> adapters with wrong IP settings. When all these adapters are set to disabled,
> the problem doesn't exist anymore and the transaction begins within a
> second. Adapters, either physical or virtual, with unplugged cables are no
> issue.
> As a workaround, we tried to set the priority of the network adapter
> connected to the company LAN to the highest value, but without any
> success. The problem also exists with the command-line client delivered with
> TortoiseSVN. Can someone reproduce this behavior?

Interesting. We are seeing an initial delay when doing commits recently also using Tortoise.
However, I'm 99% sure it started when I upgraded the server from 1.7.x to 1.8.x. So, I can't
see this being a client side issue. However, I'd like to check. Where do you see "Unidentified
Network" I did an ipconfig /all and don't see that term at all even on the VMWare adapters.