Bert,

There were two issues that I ran into.  One was as you listed, the --force command, which caused the access violation.  The other was -x -w, which caused new files to not be merged to the target branch (although -x -b seems to work fine).

Thanks for your response.

Scott

From: Bert Huijben [mailto:bert@qqmail.nl]
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2014 4:21 PM
To: Steimle, Scott; users@subversion.apache.org
Subject: RE: Access violation

I can’t be sure that this is the cause but please try running merge without --force.

There is a fix for incoming directory deletions during merge scheduled for the next 1.8 release.

With 1.8 using --force shouldn’t be necessary anyway as the old tree conflict detection problems were resolved by 1.8.0. (--force made older versions strict ignore what was deleted when applying deletes)

                Bert