subversion-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Plunket, Tom" <tom.plun...@aristocrat-inc.com>
Subject "Subversion encountered a serious problem"
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2014 01:08:10 GMT
I'm not subscribed and unfortunately don't have the access to the server to really diagnose
this but wanted to drop it off in case it's of use in tracking down any issues.

I updated to TortoiseSVN 1.8.7 yesterday from 1.8.5. I think that corresponds to an SVN bump
of 1.8.6 to 1.8.8.

I did a switch today of this codebase that I'm often off working in my own branch, from the
"trunk" into my dev line. Apparently at some point in the not so distant past (recent enough
that I may never have hit this before), one of the subtrees changed from an extern to non-extern,
whatever the vernacular may be.

I see this:

    Subversion encountered a serious problem.
    Please take the time to report this on the Subversion mailing list with as much information
as possible about what you were trying to do.
    But please first search the mailing list archives for the error message to avoid reporting
the same problem repeatedly.
    You can find the mailing list archives at http://subversion.apache.org/mailing-lists.html

    Subversion reported the following

    In file
     'D:\Development\SVN\Releases\TortoiseSVN-1.8.7\ext\subversion\subversion\libsvn_wc\update_editor.c'
     line 1550: assertion failed (action == svn_wc_conflict_action_delete)

What I'm left with is the directory has a complete folder structure but no files. And then
when I try to update the directory I get "Error: The XML response contains invalid XML". If
I delete the directory and svn update it on the command line, I get the same error (E130003,
fwiw).

It seems like the switch is complete but now I can't update because I just get that invalid
XML error. I can switch back; I get a similar dialog box (with the assertion failure) but
there doesn't appear to be a fix via Tortoise to that; it tells me to run cleanup for any
operation I try. If I delete the offending folder and update it from the command line, however,
it works and I'm good to go. I just can't work on my branch. :)




IMPORTANT CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This E-mail (including any documents referred to in, or attached, to this E-mail) may contain
information that is personal, confidential or the subject of copyright or other proprietary
rights in favor of Aristocrat, its affiliates or third parties. This E-mail is intended only
for the named addressee. Any privacy, confidence, copyright or other proprietary rights in
favor of Aristocrat, its affiliates or third parties, is not lost because this E-mail was
sent to you by mistake.

If you received this E-mail by mistake you should: (i) not copy, disclose, distribute or otherwise
use it, or its contents, without the consent of Aristocrat or the owner of the relevant rights;
(ii) let us know of the mistake by reply E-mail or by telephone (US 1-877-274-9661, or  AU
+61 2 9013 6000); and (iii) delete it from your system and destroy all copies.

Any personal information contained in this E-mail must be handled in accordance with applicable
privacy laws.

Electronic and internet communications can be interfered with or affected by viruses and other
defects. As a result, such communications may not be successfully received or, if received,
may cause interference with the integrity of receiving, processing or related systems (including
hardware, software and data or information on, or using, that hardware or software). Aristocrat
gives no assurances in relation to these matters.

If you have any doubts about the veracity or integrity of any electronic communication we
appear to have sent you, please call (US 1-877-274-9661, or  AU +61 2 9013 6000) for clarification.

Mime
View raw message