subversion-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Stieger <andreas.stie...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: problem: svnsync to external ISCSI drive increases size of repos
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2014 13:18:56 GMT
Hello,

> On 16 Jun 2014, at 12:50, "Korte, Michael Johannes" <michael.korte@zeiss.com> wrote:
>

> Svnsync from Windows to Windows : no change of repository size
> Svnsync from Windows to ISCSI drive : no change of repository size
> Svnsync from ISCSI drive to Linux : normaly no change of repository size (expection if
the ISCSI repository was originally synced from Linux, the during the ISCSI à Linux sync
the repository size is reduced to the original size on Linux))
> Svnsync from Linux to Linux:  no change of the repository size
> Svnsync from Linux to ISCSI drive : repository size is increased. For some repositories
only little, for some very much (e.g. Double size)
> Svnsync from Linux to ISCSI and back to Linux : First size is increased and then size
is reduced for the same rate, this means after both syncs the size is again identical.

Check if rep-cache.db is created and filled? Check if representation sharing is enabled?

Does the same happen for svnadmin hotcopy?

> Is it normal that the repository size is changed during sync from Linux to external ISCSI
drive?

Sometimes, e.g. when not using representation sharing.

> Why is the size changed very much (factor 1 :10) for single revisions. Do I make any
error during svnsync, or is this the normal behaviour?

Depends on usage, yes they can be different if the rep sharing database differs or is enabled
differently.

Andreas