subversion-users mailing list archives

From Trent Fisher <trent.fis...@oracle.com>
Subject svnadmin dump revprop caching error...
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2014 21:51:01 GMT
I just got an error from "svnadmin dump" which I have never seen before,
and it seems to be new in 1.8:

    svnadmin: E160052: Revprop caching for '/scm/svn/repos/DEV-copy/db'
disabled because SHM infrastructure for revprop caching failed to
initialize.
    svnadmin: E000013: Can't open file
'/scm/svn/repos/DEV-copy/db/rev-prop-atomics.mutex': Permission denied
    svnadmin: E200015: Caught signal

It looks like the dump process is trying to write a file in the
repository.  In this case, the repository is owned by a different user
and I cannot write into it.  I often do test migrations as myself not as
the owner of the repository because I want to ensure that mistakes
cannot end up destroying anything important.

It appears that this is only a warning as the dump proceeds and the
output looks correct.  Though the error message implies it is a fatal
error (especially the "caught signal").   Can I safely ignore this
error?  Could it be changed to be a bit less menacing?

++thanks,
trent...