subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Croft, Joe" <Croft_...@shure.com>
Subject RE: New subversion bug?
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2014 18:26:29 GMT
Thank you, but it would be nice to have a command line option to turn off this feature.

-joe

From: Bert Huijben [mailto:bert@qqmail.nl]
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2014 11:13 AM
To: Croft, Joe; users@subversion.apache.org
Subject: RE: New subversion bug?

This is actually the designed implementation for many Subversion releases.

If the target doesn't exist, the source is copied to the target. If it does exist it is copied
below the target.

This matches the behavior of Unix's 'cp' and Windows' 'copy' for these cases.

In your third case you find that the target below the passed target already exists, and you
get an error.

                Bert