subversion-users mailing list archives

From Nico Kadel-Garcia <nka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving a repository with svn:externals using absolute paths (URLs)
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2014 02:58:56 GMT
On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 9:35 PM, Geoff Field <Geoff_Field@aapl.com.au> wrote:

> In our duplication effort, we also set all the permissions on the old
> repositories to read-only, to limit the chances of cross-contamination.
>
> Regards,
>
> Geoff

This. So much this. When people want to keep, and keep cross-merging,
the contents of multiple distinct live repositories while work is
being replicated and cross-merged from all of them, it's usually time
to look for a new job: someone has been excited by the shiny tools and
forgotten "source control is a 24x7, it must *work* and work *every
time*" resource.