subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Giuliani Paolo" <paolo.giuli...@edf-energy.com>
Subject FW: Problems with subversion
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2014 10:46:51 GMT
Hello,

I connect to a remote file system through a XVC terminal emulator.

Platform: 		UNIX linux
Subversion version:	1.1.4

Following my previous e-mail below,

I was able to establish that the problem resides in my repository.

Whenever I issue any subversion command to the repository like:

	svnlook tree /altroot/ENGDATA/DeFRAC/defracdev/repository

The problem now I face is the following:

svn: Error opening db lockfile
svn: Can't get shared lock on file 'locks/db.lock': No locks available

It seems a file locking problem...

Many thanks
Paolo

Paolo Giuliani

Reactor Physics Group
Nuclear Technology Branch
EDF Energy
Barnett Way
Barnwood
Gloucester
GL4 3RS

* Tel: 01452 654346 (Internal 777 4346)
*  Fax: 01452 654916

* E-mail: Paolo.Giuliani@edf-energy.com
http://www.edfenergy.com  - Powering the low carbon generation

Ask yourself whether you need a hard copy. If you do, print it double sided

No locks available

> I tried to issue the recover subcommand (svnadmin recover /altroot/ENGDATA/DeFRAC/defracdev/repository),
but
> still I received the following message:
>
> Repository lock acquired.
> Please wait; recovering the repository may take some time...
>
> Recovery completed.
> svn: Error opening db lockfile
> svn: Can't get shared lock on file '/altroot/ENGDATA/DeFRAC/defracdev/repository/locks/db.lock':
No locks available

> I would appreciate your help.
>
> Many thanks
> Paolo
>

> Paolo Giuliani
>
> Reactor Physics Group
> Nuclear Technology Branch
> EDF Energy
> Barnett Way
> Barnwood
> Gloucester
> GL4 3RS
>
> * Tel: 01452 654346 (Internal 777 4346)
> *  Fax: 01452 654916
>
> * E-mail: Paolo.Giuliani@edf-energy.com
> http://www.edfenergy.com  - Powering the low carbon generation
>
> Ask yourself whether you need a hard copy. If you do, print it double sided

This e-mail, and any attachments, is confidential and for the use of the addressee only. If
you are not the intended recipient, please telephone +44 (0) 1355 846000. We do not accept
legal responsibility for this e-mail or any viruses. All e-mails sent and received by us are
monitored. Contracts cannot be concluded with us by e-mail.
This message has been sent from EDF Energy Nuclear Generation Ltd , a company registered in
England and Wales No. 03076445, with registered office at Barnett Way, Barnwood, Gloucester,
GL4 3RS.