subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ben Reser <...@reser.org>
Subject Re: bug with autoindex on Apache 2.4 when loading SVN modules
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2014 03:35:55 GMT
On 8/2/14 12:17 PM, Gibson, Brian (IMS) wrote:
> I have found that if I have these two configuration statements on my Apache
> server, I can no longer use auto index.
>
> LoadModule dav_svn_module /usr/local/subversion/modules/mod_dav_svn.so
>
> LoadModule authz_svn_module /usr/local/subversion/modules/mod_authz_svn.so
>

> If I remove those two modules, auto index works perfectly.
>

> Has anyone else seen this?  Is there a possible work around?
>

> I’m using Apache 2.4.10, subversion 1.8.9, Apr 1.5.0, Apr-util 1.5.3, and Serf
> 1.3.6.
>

> I’m not sure if there is any more information I can give you that would be
> helpful.

Best thing you can provide is an example configuration and explaining what you
expect it to do and what it is doing.  Ideally you'd make the configuration as
simple as you can while still demonstrating the issue.

That said I wouldn't be surprised if what you're seeing isn't related to this:
http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.8.html#mod_dav_svn-fsmap

But you haven't provided enough information for me to say for sure.