subversion-users mailing list archives

From Zé <jose.pas...@gmx.com>
Subject Re: Blocking root from SVN repository
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2014 15:08:14 GMT
On 08/27/2014 03:53 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> It's not that you can't use it, just that it can't protect you from
> the things that can happen through direct file system access.  Like
> accidentally deleting the whole repo or changing ownership or
> permissions.

I don't see your point.  There's also a likelihood that those accidents
can happen on a remote server.

But regarding my question, if file:// is not intended to be used, as you
and Stefan Sperling argued, then what are the available options for
those who need a version control system and can't set up a server?  Is
it even possible to deploy subversion in that scenario?

Zé