subversion-users mailing list archives

From Philip Martin <philip.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: svnsync via svn+ssh w/key authentication: password prompt
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2014 15:35:25 GMT
"Sampson, Barry" <barry.sampson@teejet.com> writes:

> Using svn, I can do this without being prompted for a password:
> svn list svn+ssh://servername/path/to/repos
>
> However, this does prompt for a password:
> svnsync sync svn+ssh://servername/path/to/repos
>
> And just for good measure, this does the same thing:
> svnsync sync svn+ssh://username@servername/path/to/repos
>
> Any ideas of what I can do here to eliminate the password prompt?

 svnsync sync DST_URL

is just a shorthand for

 svnsync sync DST_URL SRC_URL

(If you don't specify an explicit SRC_URL then it is obtained from the
r0 revprop on DST_URL.)

Perhaps the prompt you are seeing is for access to the SRC_URL?

--
Philip Martin | Subversion Committer
WANdisco // *Non-Stop Data*