subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Vaux, John" <JV...@phoenixchildrens.com>
Subject Proxy settings in SVN
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2014 21:03:35 GMT
Hello all,
                It's my first time posting to this list and I am not subscribed so please
CC me on any replies.

                I'm having difficulty with the proxy settings in Windows version of svn (I'm
using the WANdisco compiled version).  It seems as though no matter what I put in the appdata\roaming\subversion\servers
file the settings are ignored and the svn is defaulting to the windows control panel settings.
 This would be fine but we utilize a proxy.pac autoconfigure and require proxy authentication.
 Between those two settings for whatever reason svn seems to be unable to deal with the proxy's
request for authentication.  I've tcpdumped the connection information from the proxy itself
and it looks like svn just isn't answering.

The basic gist of the stream goes like this:
Source                  Dest                       Protocol               Length
        Message
clientIP                 proxyIP                HTTP                      121
            CONNECT www.svnrepository.tld:443 HTTP/1.1
proxyIP                clientIP                 HTTP                      236
            HTTP/1.1 407 authenticationrequired  (text/html)
clientIP                 proxyIP                HTTP                      217
            CONNECT www.svnrepository.tld:443 HTTP/1.1 , NTLMSSP_NEGOTIATE
proxyIP                clientIP                 HTTP                      252
            HTTP/1.1 407 authenticationrequired , NTLMSSP_CHALLENGE (text/html)

And then silence.  The app correctly interprets the first 407 and tries connecting again but
this time with an NTLMSSP_NEGOTIATE but when the proxy comes back with a CHALLENGE svn never
responds with credentials.  I worked with my proxy vendor and we tried to find ways around
it but short of turning off authentication they are chalking it up to a bug in the HTTP client
implementation.  Any help would be much appreciated.

John Vaux
Enterprise Infrastructure Architect
Information Technology Services
Phoenix Children's Hospital
Office: 602-933-2592
Mobile: 602-501-3052
jvaux@phoenixchildrens.com<mailto:jvaux@phoenixchildrens.com>

This transmission, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient
(s) and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, legally privileged, or
otherwise protected by law from disclosure. Any unauthorized review, use, copying, disclosure,
or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible
for delivering this to an addressee, you should notify the sender immediately by telephone
or by reply e-mail, and destroy all copies of the original message.