subversion-users mailing list archives

From John Maher <Jo...@rotair.com>
Subject global ignores
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2014 16:37:51 GMT
Hello

I am trying to get subversion to ignore certain files and directories on a windows system.
 I am using a windows 7 machine with a 1.7 subversion client.  My repository has about 40
projects in it and I want to ignore bin and obj directories along with *.sou and *.user files.
 I seemed like it was working but it is acting strangely.  I just recently rebuilt my machine,
but a project I added prior to the rebuild is only half correct, the folders are being ignored
but not the files.  The files are stored on a network drive and I issued svn proplist -R and
do not see any ignores in the list.  I saw somewhere that I can edit the config file in this
folder  C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Subversion, but this directory
is inaccessible.  I went to %Appdata% and found a config file there.  So I tried to edit it,
however I can find no information on how to properly edit it.

I saw
# global-ignores = *.o *.lo *.la *.al .libs *.so *.so.[0-9]* *.a *.pyc *.pyo
I tried
# global-ignores = *.o *.lo *.la *.al .libs *.so *.so.[0-9]* *.a *.pyc *.pyo *.sou
And
# global-ignores = *.o *.lo *.la *.al .libs *.so *.so.[0-9]* *.a *.pyc *.pyo
global-ignores = *.sou

But everytime I issue a svn status I still see the files.  I do not know if status ignores
the ignore list and it is just for committing or if I am editing the right file.  Nor do I
know if a reboot is needed before the changes take effect, I tried that once but I can be
here for hours with all the unknowns.   Anyone have any idea?

JM