subversion-users mailing list archives

From John Maher <Jo...@rotair.com>
Subject RE: Merge problem
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2014 11:56:22 GMT
Thanks for your reply Stefan.  There are no subdirs on either my trunk or branches.  The command
I used was (from the working copy of (for example) https://server/svn/erp/trunk) svn merge
https://server/svn/erp/branches/feature.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Sperling [mailto:stsp@elego.de]
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 4:24 AM
To: John Maher
Cc: Subversion help
Subject: Re: Merge problem

On Tue, Sep 09, 2014 at 06:48:31PM +0000, John Maher wrote:
> Hello
>
> Just wondering if anyone may have an idea how my repository got so buggered up.  I tried
to merge a branch to the trunk and received 49 conflicts.  2 are files that do not need to
be tracked so that leaves 47.  Out of the 47 there are two problems, local add, incoming add
upon merge & local delete, incoming delete upon merge.  I was doing some code cleanup
so it is possible I deleted the files in two different branches.  But I know for certain that
I did not create the same file twice.  I did a diff on the first one and it is identical in
both branches, easy to fix, difficult to determine how the conflict came about.  The second
file is different, I deleted dome code that is not needed anymore.  More work to fix.  With
the conflict it causes the merge to fail thus making this much more time consuming to fix.
 The question I have is anyone know what I could've done to create these false conflicts?

What are the parameters you used to run this merge?
At first glance this looks like your merge source and target are at non-corresponding levels
in the tree, e.g. as if you merged from ^/branches/mybranch to ^/trunk/some/subdir/of/trunk