subversion-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Seaver <gtf...@gmail.com>
Subject Starting to use vendor branch with existing code
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2014 15:18:03 GMT
We are using vendor branches for most third-party libraries, but there are
a few projects in our source tree that haven't been brought in via vendor
branches.  Some of them have local modifications, too.

Is there a recommended way to start using vendor branches with them?  For
one unmodified project, I deleted the directory and copied it over from the
vendor branch, but that caused a (hopefully) one-time problem with tree
conflicts.  We had to update to the revision with the delete then update to
head in order to avoid the conflict.

Thanks,

Phillip