subversion-users mailing list archives

From JesseC57 <hcrea...@comcast.net>
Subject Best Practices for Creating a New Branch
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2014 15:03:26 GMT
So, what is the best practice for creating a new branch? We use SVN in
windows so I right click on the folder and select Tortoise SVN and then
Branch/Tag and have not had any problems. My Manager, and old school Linux
guy, uses the command line and creates a copy which has resulted in the
"does not share common version control ancestry with the requested switch
location." message several times? Any thoughts? Thanks, Jesse