subversion-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Stieger <andreas.stie...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Setting up a mirror - should I use the same repository UUID, or different?
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2014 09:29:29 GMT
On 22/11/14 01:40, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> Right, using the same UUID would be necessary to allow users to relocate between the
mirror(s) and the master. This is suggested here:

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/notes/svnsync.txt
>
> The mirror might be some commits behind the master depending on how fast syncs happen,
but that shouldn't be a problem since the mirrors are read-only and users can only commit
to the master.

I am not suggesting that this is not common knowledge, but the
recommended setup is post-commit and post-revprop-change hooks for
svnsync sync and svnsync copy-revprops, respectively, and slaves
configured for write-though proxying for transparent writes.

> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.serverconfig.httpd.html#svn.serverconfig.httpd.extra.writethruproxy

Andreas