subversion-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Stieger <andreas.stie...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Sample repo dump
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2014 11:57:26 GMT
Hello,

> On 4 Nov 2014, at 08:15, Baruch Burstein <bmburstein@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am working on a tool that will extract data from svn dumps (such as produced by `svnadmin
dump` and `svnrdump`).

You will probably find the API, bindings and tools support for loaded repositories much more
complete and suitable for your project for most tasks except those specifically designed to
manipulate dumps.

What are you trying to achieve?

> I would like to make sure I can handle all kinds of cases, both common and corner cases
(not error cases such as malformed dumps). Is there a sample repo or sample dump file that
I can use? I would like it to include as many types of flows as possible (add/copy/delete/move
for both files and directories, merges of various kinds, branches, etc.) while also keeping
the total amount of revisions and files low to aid in debugging. Probably just one or two
revisions with each type of flow (or combinations of flows if they need special handling when
coming together in a single revision).

These can be trivially created from many public repositories or one specifically created/scripted
by you for this purpose.

Andreas