subversion-users mailing list archives

From jbl...@icloud.com
Subject Re: why cannot commit via http:// but can svn://
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2015 18:44:58 GMT
You'll need to check that the repository is writable by whatever user ID your web server is
running as. Not specifically the user they authenticate their HTTP session with.

> On Feb 10, 2015, at 11:39 AM, James <oldyoungguy88@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> I have a SVN machine in my network. I can do anything I want via svn://. I just setup
the http:// access and it seems working until I found I cannot commit my new file. The error
message is :

> $ svn add scripts
> A         scripts
> A         scripts/svnbackup.sh
> [user1@dev2 Docs]$ svn commit -m "add svnbackup.sh file"
> Authentication realm: <http://146.115.74.4:80> Subversion User Authentication
> Password for 'user1': ******
>
> svn: E000013: Commit failed (details follow):
> svn: E000013: Can't open file '/home/svn/Docs/db/txn-current-lock': Permission denied
>
> I went to the svn server and found all folders and files belong to svn group which the
user1 is one the members. the svn group has rw permission there. In order to narrow down the
issue, I renamed my working copy and checked out the same repository with svn:// connection
and I found I can do commit without any issue.

> It indicates the issue is not in the svn server but the error reported is telling me
the svn server refused the write. So I am confused.

Access Control with Apache and mod_authz_svn | If Not True Then False <http://www.if-not-true-then-false.com/2010/svn-subversion-access-control-with-apache-and-mod-authz-svn/>