subversion-users mailing list archives

From Les Mikesell <lesmikes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to move folder from one path to another along with all revisions
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2015 16:21:40 GMT
On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 9:01 AM, Mohsin <mohsinchandia@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Suppose I have one folder in Repo1 (http://abc.com/SVN/Repo1/folder1) and I
> have moved that folder to some new path which is (http://abc.com/SVN/Repo1).
> Point is I want to move that folder along with all its revisions to new path
> when i check history of that folder there should be all revisions instead of
> one revision. Can someone tell how can i move folder along with all its
> revisions to new path ?

_All_ svn copies and moves retain the revision history of the
contents.  That's how branches and tags work, but it also applies to
any other copies.  You can use a url->url copy or check out the
directory above and 'svn copy' in the workspace before committing back
with the same result.   Also note that even if you move a path, it can
still be accessed at it's previous path and revisions using the peg
syntax:  path@revision.

--
    Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell@gmail.com