subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <ryandes...@macports.org>
Subject Re: copy multiple folders from one repository to another repository at server using subversion
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2015 01:41:09 GMT

On Feb 1, 2015, at 6:26 AM, gangadhar jannu wrote:

> I've been struggling with this issue for the past two weeks.
>
> I've created a repository named as allProj at server.
> The structure of allProj is as follows:
> allProj
> 	• Projects
> 		• projectA
> 		• projectB
> 		• projectC
> 		• projectD
> 		• projectE
> Now I want to create another repository reqProj at the same server which includes multiple
projects from allProj along with access controls and revision history.
> Expected reqProj structure is:
> reqProj
> 	• projectB
> 	• projectD
> 	• projectE
> I've searched a lot on this topic but still I'm unable to find solution.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You can use "svnadmin dump" to dump parts of the allProj repository, then use "svnadmin load"
to load them into the reqProj repository.

> software details:
> subversion version is 1.4
> server OS is cenOS 6.4

Subversion 1.4 is obsolete and unsupported. Please upgrade to the latest version of Subversion
1.8.